With the sensor data providing clear, precise information, land managers have a rich picture of eagle activity across a wide landscape. This can better inform land use management decisions and also improve animal welfare through reduced human intervention.
The return on investment:
- INCREASE IN UNDERSTANDING OF EAGLE ACTIVITY
- INCREASE IN LAND USE PRODUCTIVITY
- REDUCE TIME AND LABOUR COST TO MONITOR WILDLIFE
- COST SAVING THROUGH REDUCED USE OF AIRCRAFT FOR AIR SURVEYS
- IMPROVED SAFETY DUE TO LESS TIME IN REMOTE FIELD LOCATIONS
Through higher frequency of nest activity observations, a detailed understanding of in forest activity can be obtained that is year-round and available remotely via the internet.
Departure from expensive and risky traditional fixed wing and rotary aircraft surveys improves safety, significantly reduces ongoing compliance costs and has a far lighter impact on eagle welfare.
Combining the power of IoT with the secure, scalable LORIOT LoRaWAN® Network Server feeding data to the Indicium DataBus, Indicium Dynamics have re-defined how eagles can be monitored whilst providing a highly cost effective and safety orientated solution.